Mark believes that every child deserves access to a quality education, and the opportunity to succeed. Mark understands the important link between good schools and good jobs and will make education a top priority in the State Assembly:
- Investing in public schools, community colleges, as well as our state colleges and universities
- Protecting local schools from budget cuts
- Making college more affordable for California students
- Expanding after-school programs, vocational education, and career-training programs
- Securing funding for early childhood development and universal preschool
With years of experience in the private and public sectors, Mark has worked to create good-paying jobs, help small businesses, and deliver economic investment to generate more job opportunities for workers and middle-class families. In the Assembly, Mark will work to implement a jobs plan that includes expanding community college job-training programs, creating incentives for local companies to create jobs, attracting new companies and industries to California, and fighting for higher wages and equal pay for equal work.
Mark believes that all Californians should have access to affordable health care:
- Experienced Health Care Advocate
- Fought to Make Health Care Affordable for All Californians
- Stood Up to Greedy Special Interests to Protect Access to Care
In the State Assembly, Mark will fight to protect access to affordable health care for Californians, protecting women’s health care, preventive care, and ensuring that everyone can see a doctor when they get sick.
Growing up in a working family, Mark’s parents couldn’t afford fancy vacations, but every year they went on family camping trips at our state and national parks like Yosemite and Sequoia National Park, which sparked a life-long passion for nature and conservation.
Mark has a strong environmental record. He serves on the California Coastal Commission, and has been fought to protect our environment from pollution, helped secure over one hundred million dollars for parks, cleaning up pollution in our rivers and oceans, and protected open space from overdevelopment.
Please check back in the coming weeks for more updates.